A big day...

Wow.

Everything happened on schedule. I got to the hospital on time, got to surgical admission on time, and was wheeled into the operating room on time. I got all the way to 97 before my world went black, then I time-travelled almost 8 hours forward to the post-anesthetic care unit where I woke up. The operation went smoothly and my surgeon did not elect to create a diverting ileostomy. I don't have much pain at all, although my mouth was INCREDIBLY dry and I dId have some nausea and vomiting.

I am resting comfortably on the ward as I write this. I am tired, but I am through surgery and on to the next phase of my journey.

Comments

  1. Welcome back! Warm hugs (and kisses, too) for you and for Donna and those two amazing "kids" of yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Here's hoping that your recovery is swift and uneventful. I am amazed that you were able to write anything the same day you had surgery. I have phoned Margie in California to let her know that the surgery went well. She sends her best wishes and hopes you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have that over with J! Your faith in your surgeon was obviously justified. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very glad to hear it went well and you are on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have your results...

One lily pad at a time.

Several "lasts", in pictures...